Monday, October 18, 2010

Mecca Fest & Busy

Mecca Fest art festival is over (a week ago) for this year. We had a decent turn out and sales were moderate for many. We were pleased with the sales we had. I met some cool artists, traded for some great art, and got a merit award to top it all off.
Now I'm busy making work for upcoming holiday season shows. I hope to remain sane, well, as sane as I am now.

Below, some images of my tent at Mecca Fest

Me getting questions about how to make one's artwork better.


Here's another view of the tent. That's Alfred on the easel (my critic).


My wife's panels helped the look of the tent immensely. I was a blasphemous nonbeliever at first. I couldn't picture what it would look like and I was unsure how stable it would be.
I think the panels helped me get that merit award I spoke of before.





4 comments:

  1. Looks great!! I'll have to try and go next year :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your tent looked great! Also, were you really painting during the show? That must have been fun for the people coming by to watch :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Samantha Nandez- I plan to be there next year. We had an addition of a "living statue" this year. He moved in slow motion and was very good!

    @Marianna Todd- I was painting during the show (and finished it too)! It drew some onlookers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And you were mentioned in the paper as having done an art demonstration :D We were very fortunate to have a good many sales, and to meet such great fellow artist.

    ReplyDelete